Through the Lens:
Central Montana Medical Center’s
Many procedures and surgeries are now done as "out-patient", in which patients can return to the comfort of their own home the same day. Same day surgeries specialize in minimally invasive procedures, so recovery time and discomfort are minimal. Typically, same day surgeries are scheduled in the morning to allow you to recover and return home later in the afternoon or evening.
The following are some of our same-day surgeries:
- Colonoscopy (colon exam)
- Cystoscopy (bladder exam)
- Gastroscopy (upper gastrointestinal exam)
- Laparoscopy (abdominal exam or surgery)
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomies (gall bladder removal)
- Myringotomy (ear tube insertion)
- Tonsillectomy (removal of tonsils)
- Tendon repair (repair of damaged tendons)
- Arthroscopy (joint examination or surgery)
- Ovarian cystectomy (removal of cyst (s) on ovaries)
- D and C (dilatation and curettage or uterine scraping)
- Breast biopsy (removal of tissue for examination)
- Hernia repair
- Eye (cataracts)
- Podiatry (foot)
Our team of physicians, nurses and anesthetists monitor you throughout your surgical procedure and follow-up with you after your discharge from the hospital. During recovery at home, support may be provided through follow-up phone calls, as well as through home care programs and rehab services.
Call (406) 535-6220 for more information.